Concealed Carry Course
- The initial 15-hour, 2 day Concealed Carry Course to meet state requirements cost $125 paid to Vigilant Firearms Training. This cost includes range fees, and the cost of targets. We do not provide guns or ammunition for this price. The only other costs could be gun rentals which is addressed below There are additional state and fingerprint fees which total $159.
- The Fingerprint fees are $59 and paid to the fingerprint company online, currently IDEMIA \ Identgo.
- The state application fee is $100.
- Total cost for the initial concealed carry class is $284 before taxes.
2 Year Refresher Course
- The 2 Year Refresher course costs $35.
- This is minimum of 2 hours and is done on the range. Each student will shoot to re-qualify as a minimum.
- There are no other fees involved.
- This training can be done online through the DPS website with no cost to you.
4 Year Refresher Course
- The 4 Year Renewal course costs $65.
- This is minimum of 4 hours and is done on the range. We will spend part of the time going over the minimum required subjects and complete the shooting qualification.
- The New Mexico Department of Public Safety Concealed Carry unit (office) charges $75 for the application fee for the 4 year renewal.
- Total cost for the 4 Year Renewal course is $140.
Law Enforcement & Military Applicants
- For all law enforcement and military applicants, there is no application fee and the initial fingerprint fee is $23.
- The New Mexico Department of Public Safety Concealed Carry unit (office) has no fees for Law Enforcement and Military on the renewal.
- We offer rental guns which includes any .380 caliber, 9MM, or .45 caliber semi auto firearms or .357 magnum or .45 long rifle revolver. Ammunition prices will dictate the cost of the rental and ammunition.
- The current pandemic is driving ammunition prices to cost us close to $1 per round for most ammunition.
All shooting qualifications required a 72% hit rate in order to pass the course.
NM DPC CCU application checklists and forms. Click here.
Refund Policy: If you cannot attend the class you registered for, you may request either a 50% refund of your class fee or apply 100% of your class fee towards a future class. Must give 48 hours advanced notice to qualify for refund or class credit. Please email or call us if you need to cancel or reschedule.